PRIVACY STATEMENT OVERVIEW
Greater Lansing Veterinary Center (hereafter referred to as “we,” “us,” “our” or “GLVC”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this privacy statement.
What does this privacy statement apply to?
This Privacy Statement applies to information, including personal information, collected from or about you by us.
This Privacy Statement describes the types of information we may collect from you or about you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.glvetcenter.com or any website, mobile application, or other service that displays a link to this Privacy Statement (hereinafter referred to as a “Site” or the “Sites”). This Privacy Statement does not apply to www.glvetcenter.com websites, mobile applications and other services and products that do not display or include a link to this Privacy Statement or that have their own privacy statement. This Privacy Statement applies to your “personal information,” which is any information or combination of information that could reasonably be used to identify you, and any other information collected from or about you.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Site. By accessing or using this Site, you agree to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Statement periodically for updates.
What information do we collect?
We may collect various information that you provide to us, including personal contact details, and information related to your purchases, employment or demographic. The information that we collect from you may include:
- Personal contact details include information such as name, address, family veterinarian, telephone number, or e-mail address, such as when you provide them to us during online registration.
- Employment-related information includes your indicated job preferences, work history and information provided on applications submitted to us online.
- Demographic information includes data such as age, gender, hobby or activity information, taste or other preference information, and the like.
- Comments, photos, or other information that you post on public areas of each Site, through blogs, message boards, or social networking opportunities or other interactive forums.
In addition, we may collect information from other sources, including contact lists, and demographic information from third parties and other commercial sources. This data may be combined with other information that we collect.
We also collect certain types of information automatically:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address or device identifier, your device’s operating system, browser type, websites visited before or after you visit our website, pages viewed and activities at our website, as well as your interaction with advertisements.
- Third-party service providers and advertising partners may also collect information automatically.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information for a variety of purposes including: to provide products or services that you request; to administer promotions (sweepstakes, contests and offers); to communicate with you; to deliver advertising; to improve our websites, products and services; and for other legitimate business purposes.
- Providing the features, products and services you request: We may use the information we collect about you to fulfill your requests for, and enable your use of, our features, products and services.
- To communicate with you and provide you with information: We may use your information to communicate with you, to respond to your questions or comments, to provide you with updates and news, and, if applicable, to alert you when job vacancies that fit your profile arise (in the event that you submit your resume).
How do we share and disclose your information?
We may share your information in the following ways:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- At your direction or request or with your consent.
- With our subsidiaries, affiliates, and business partners.
- With vendors or agents. For example, we may share your information with companies we have hired to provide services for us or on our behalf. When we share information with these other companies to provide services for us, they are not allowed to use any information that can personally identify you for any other purpose and must keep such information confidential unless you otherwise consent.
- Where your information may be transferred along with other business assets. For example: to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Greater Lansing Veterinary Center’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GLVC’s about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties for their marketing purposes.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also share or disclose personal information, including the content of your communications:
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
- To conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible illegal activity, to protect the integrity of GLVC’s websites, to fulfill your requests or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
- To protect the rights or property of GLVC, GLVC’s affiliates, agents or our customers, including enforcing the terms governing your use of our websites and services (for example, for billing and collections purposes).
- To act on a good faith belief that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of GLVC’s associates, customers or the public (for example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
How do we use tracking technologies like “cookies,” web beacons and other technologies?
As you navigate through and interact with each Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to each Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We (through our service providers) or other third parties use technologies like cookies and web beacons to automatically collect information to support certain functions at our Site, to understand our visitors, and to offer ads or promotions on our websites or at non-affiliated third-party websites, sometimes also using information collected through technology at one of our affiliates’ websites and sometimes through third-party networks.
The information we collect automatically typically does not include personal information (as defined above), but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. The automatic collection of data helps us to improve each Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
How do we safeguard your information?
We have instituted commercially reasonable security safeguards designed to protect your information. Unfortunately, no security measures can be 100% secure, however, and so we recommend that you take additional measures to protect yourself and your information, including by installing up to date anti-virus software, closing browsers after use, keeping confidential your log-in credentials and passwords, and making sure that you regularly update software and apps you have downloaded to ensure you have enabled the latest security features on your devices. We will notify you in the event we become aware of a security breach involving your personally identifiable information (as defined by the applicable state and federal laws) stored by or for us. By disclosing your email address to us for any reason, you expressly consent to receive electronic notice from us in the event of such a security breach.
Changes to this Privacy Statement.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time, so please visit this page periodically and review this statement for changes. We will notify you of material changes to this Privacy Statement by posting a notice on our home page for a reasonable period of time and changing the “Updated” date above. Your continued use of our Sites following the posting of changes will mean that you accept the changed terms.
How can you contact us?
Greater Lansing Veterinary Center
1290 W Grand River Ave Suite 500
Williamston, MI 48895